Sunday, September 9, 2012

Letter #4: From Gerrick to Elenwen

25th of Last Seed, 4E 201

To the Esteemed Elenwen, First Emissary of the Thalmor:

Since my last report, Kethrina has three times approached these word walls and experienced the reactions I have previously described. At the first wall, the soldiers you sent me performed admirably, but we had the misfortune of appearing at the same time as a powerful lich-like undead creature burst from its coffin!

While the soldiers fought the lich, Kethrina recovered from her reaction fast enough to dispatch it and them. She rendered them into ice statues within seconds, such was the power behind her magic. Ever since then, she has never approached one of these walls on foot, but on her infernal horse, allowing her to race away from us at impossible speeds!

I regret to inform you that this means she knows we are hunting her; however, I have stayed hidden as you commanded, so she does not know about me or my surveillance.

Strange Image PieceAt the moment we may have another problem. These image fragments Kethrina has written of are strange indeed. When I sneaked into her camp last night as she slept, I found they were as she described them.

The lines and circles seem to suggest some kind of star chart, but until they are reassembled it will be impossible to discern what it is.

I need to know what these fragments might be, if you know. If they contain any of our secrets, it may be necessary to risk detection and take these fragments and the Enyalie Palantir itself in case it contains any more.

Please send me what information you can soon.

Sincerely Yours,

Gerrick

For the glory of the Aldmeri Dominion!

No comments:

Post a Comment