Monday, September 24, 2012

Letter #14: To General Tullius

20th of Sun’s Dusk, 4E 201

To General Tullius:

As you most likely know, the Thalmor Embassy was destroyed during the night. I’m aware that First Emissary Elenwen has stonewalled you regarding the details, but I was there to witness what occurred.

She Melted the Gates!I was outside, chopping wood for the kitchen fire, when I heard shouts at the front, then a massive roar of white-hot fire bombarded the gates! I have witnessed spell fire on a number of occasions, but never hot enough to melt metal bars as this did. I swear to you General, a single assailant melted the gates!

With the gates melted, the assailant walked casually inside, as if she had been invited to one of the First Emissary’s parties.

Every Thalmor soldier and wizard who blocked her way died, burned to mounds of charred meat.

The assailant, who by now I was able to identify as Tel’kiira Kethrina, the Dragonborn, then simply blasted open the embassy’s front door and strode inside.

I ran inside as quickly as I could, and I could not believe the scene of mayhem! Kethrina had inundated the air with fireballs and explosions, so many that the air was too hot to breathe. It was as if she had opened a gate to Oblivion.

The two guards lay dead on the floor, their armor red hot, the carpet beneath them burning. It was as if she had cooked them inside their own armor. I do not know what kind of rage would be needed for such intense flames, but I would never want to be on the receiving end of it.

Elenwen DownThat sight was nothing compared to what I saw next. Elenwen was kneeling on the floor, gravely wounded, burns all over her body, the stone floor charred and cracked.

And, standing above her, was Kethrina. There was absolutely no expression on her face, not anger or rage like I expected, not determination, not grief, not even insane glee, nothing.

That was when I decided to escape from there. All of the guards were dead, and the other servants had either fled or had died. I felt it best to be among the living.

Less than half a mile from the embassy, a thunderous explosion knocked me to the snow. I got to my feet, turned around and, to my horror, the entire embassy had been leveled, as if a giant meteor had crashed into it. I do not know whether that was the result of magic or the thu’um, and if I may be honest, I do not want to know.

I am afraid I did not see what happened to either Kethrina or Elenwen. Obviously Elenwen survived somehow, although she is not seeing visitors.

As for Kethrina, I know nothing. She has not been seen since last night. I find rumors suggesting she died in the explosion to be doubtful as best, especially considering the events at Northwatch Keep.

Whatever the case, whatever the reason, it is clear that Kethrina has greatly decreased the Thalmor’s influence in this region and destroyed all records being held there.

I will continue to update you regarding the situation as I learn more.

Sincerely,

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment