Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gerrick Journal Entry #9: College of Winterhold

8th of Sun’s Dusk, 4E 201

There are times I am brutally tired of following this aggravating woman all over Skyrim. At this rate, she and I will soon become leading authorities on its geography!

There are also times I wish the Chameleon spell from the third era still existed. It would allow me to follow Kethrina inside these caves and ruins without being seen the moment I opened a door. Not that it matters, she already knows I’m here. What am I going to do?

By all rights, I should report my failure to First Emissary Elenwen and allow someone else to take this assignment. But no, Kethrina may know I’m here, but she has taken no steps to stop me or my surveillance. If anything, it seems she is taking pains to hide that she knows of my existence. Perhaps because she enjoys toying with me!

No, I may be able to use this to my advantage, especially these little snippets of conversation we have. Already I have learned of the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and its spells are potent indeed. I shall send more of my agents there to learn its secrets. If Elenwen will not shut it down, then I will use it to become more powerful.

Then there are these crossbows and the other benefits of the Dawnguard. The armored trolls are also frightful to behold. Their trainer has a unique imagination. My agent in the Dawnguard is already working to give me the plans for the crossbows, he may be able to provide me with a few armored trolls as well. I’ll send him some coin to buy one.

This is giving me an idea, but it must be last resort only. I am forbidden to capture or kill Kethrina myself, but I would be allowed an exception if she discovered me.

Yes, I will have my agents train in this new magic, the crossbows, the armored trolls, and I will have my own team near me. If Kethrina ever tires of playing with me, or if she discovers any of my more compromising secrets, then my team and I will attack her myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment