Sunday, September 23, 2012

Journal Entry #11: College of Winterhold

7th of Sun’s Dusk, 4E 201

Dragon in WinterholdSince I left High Hrothgar, I’ve found and killed two more dragons, or perhaps I should say they found me. I’m not sure either way. One of them attacked Winterhold while I was there to visit the College. It’s almost as if they were waiting for me to emerge and discover what I am.

While I’ve been thinking about all of this, I’ve been doing jobs for the Dawnguard. Sorine has been thrilled with my work for her. With the plans I’ve discovered and a hell of a lot of work on her part, we now have Dwemer crossbows and three varieties of exploding crossbow bolts. Sorine believes they’ll help us hunt vampires. I enjoyed the look on her face when I told her they were good for hunting dragons too. I may not understand what it means to be Dragonborn, but I know how to kill monsters.

After that I found and rescued Dexion Evicus, a Moth Priest who came to Skyrim to find an Elder Scroll. I wonder if maybe he was looking for Serana’s.

Right now I’m giving Dexion time to head to the fort and recover. Since I had to join the college to gain access to it, and information regarding Dexion’s location, I’m now able to help the College. It’s a fascinating place, and so far is showing none of the politics of the Synod. I could’ve gone without Ancano however, the pompous, self-righteous s’wit.

My first assignment was to explore Saarthal with some other students and our instructor Tolfdir. Having half of a lifetime’s experience exploring these places came in handy in there. It was also one of the few times that my experience was not ridiculed by those who considered themselves the intellectual elite.

Inside SaarthalInside that ruin, we found something amazing. After beating the boss nasty (the third son of Gauldur), Tolfdir enthused over this find, a huge floating sphere covered in runes. It looks it might’ve been assembled from many smaller pieces of glass and fitted together like a puzzle.

With the third piece of Gauldur’s Amulet, I can finally reforge it. I’ll finish that piece of business, then report to the Archmage.

No comments:

Post a Comment