Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Journal Entry #9: To Make a Thief

15th of Frostfall, 4E 201

Part of me still feels sick over what I’ve done. That night, I couldn’t even think about it. After retching it in the grass, I found an inn and drank wine until I passed out. I haven’t done that since before the war.

I haven’t been in Markarth since, even though Eltrys is waiting for me to find answers regarding the Forsworn attacks and murders in the city.

Frankly I need answers of my own. I’m a thane in a couple of holds, and that gives me some influence, but not the kind I need. Charlotte had friends in the Legion, and some of those who are now in the guard were willing to talk to me, but none of them were able to help me find her. 

Meeting Brynjolf gave me an idea though. He approached me in Riften with a proposition, a job that was pretty easy with a little sneaking and an invisibility spell. That got me into the Thieves Guild. Antonius knew some people there, but I need to gain their trust and respect before they’ll talk to me. That is going to take a while.

Before I can do that though, I apparently need to take care of some unfinished business in Solitude. The steward Falk Firebeard sent me a personal letter regarding the job in Wolfskull Cave I did for him about a week ago. I remember when I witnessed that necromantic ritual. I couldn’t believe what they were doing!Summoning Potema

Once I’m done in Solitude, there’s a man in Whiterun who’s asked for my help. His brother is missing, and he needs me to find him. Ironically, we met while I was sneaking into his house to steal a golden ship model. The encounter ended much better than I expected, and I still managed to steal the model. It’s a lovely piece of art. I hope Vex puts it on display.

No comments:

Post a Comment