Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Journal Entry #2: The School of Witchcraft

21st of Last Seed, 4E 201

I visited the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry today. I had to ride for two days, which is a long trip. If I didn’t have Nyx, my spectral horse, the trip probably would’ve taken four days or longer.

The place has changed since the last time I was here. There used to be pseudo open sky above the classrooms where two pale moons would circle each other. It was unnerving at times, but they were soothing to watch after I got used to it. Now there’s a ceiling instead. I suppose I understand why, but it makes the place darker.

Some of the teachers I knew before the Great War are still here, and they’ve advanced their studies of elemental, blood, and holy magic since I last met them. It was nice talking with them again.

Among other topics, we talked about the word walls I’ve found here and there, and the effect they’re having on me. None of them could explain why, although the professor of ancient history promised he’d look into it. I suppose I’ll just have to rely on lavender and willow bark. I really wish I had peppermint though.

I just wish I hadn’t had to go through the Forsworn to get here. Those people are crazier than Khajiit bandits on bad skooma.

No comments:

Post a Comment