Sunday, September 16, 2012

Gerrick Journal Entry #3: Questions, Questions

28th of Heartfire, 4E 201

I have watched this woman go inside countless places, always without fear or hesitation. She fights monsters like someone else would swat flies.

And still she’s reluctant to fight the greatest of battles. Reluctant to warn Jarl Balgruuf about the dragons, reluctant to face the vampires, reluctant to choose a side in the civil war.

Reluctant to kill a former teammate. It’s strange. In the Thalmor, we are told to never hesitate to kill any of our own who turn against us. That to hesitate would mean to die. Yet she does, and he was not even a friend. She didn’t even like him. I’m having difficulty trying to make sense of that.

Her actions are making her an even greater hero in Skyrim. She’s become a thane in two holds, and she’s close to gaining that title in a third. Yet it doesn’t appear that she’s actively seeking these titles, or even wants them. I think the only reason she earned the one in Riften was so she could buy a house.

There’s so much I don’t know about her. Why is she even here? I could ask, but will she give me a straight answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment