Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Letter #3: From Gerrick to Elenwen

22nd of Last Seed, 4E 201

To the Esteemed Elenwen, First Emissary of the Thalmor:

Please forgive my delay in sending this report. Kethrina has somehow obtained a horse that is clearly not mortal. Her journal entry refers to it as a “spectral horse,” and I believe it. It is able to travel faster than any other animal I have ever seen, run for hours without tiring, and leap off hundred foot cliffs without it or its rider being harmed. It is extremely difficult to keep up.

I believe we have discovered one of the reasons why Kethrina was so dangerous to us. As the enclosed journal entry illustrates, she possesses a form of elemental magic that is not only lethal, but also allowed her to mimic certain kinds of accidents and natural occurrences.

After Kethrina entered the main hall of this school, I procured a student’s robe and followed her. It was obvious she knew a few of these professors personally (a list of their names is enclosed), as they conversed like friends. She also purchased a large number of spells.

I observed her practice with those new spells in the outdoor training area, which is full of wolves and frostbite spiders. She was able to simulate rock slides, freeze water in a wolf’s lungs, literally blow spiders away with gales, cause fiery explosions and electrical storms that rendered monsters to ash, and other effects I am currently unable to describe or explain! I could not help but be impressed.

It is clear that this school of witchcraft, which I have learned has no ties to any other organization, is extremely dangerous, far more than the College of Winterhold and the Synod. For this, I strongly advise that it should be either taken over or shut down.

However, I believe I may have discovered a potential weakness. The word walls Kethrina describes are the curved walls covered in dragon runes, located in in Nordic ruins and purported dragon lairs atop mountains. I have witnessed the effects. A single word on the wall glows, the air is filled with chanting, and the moment she touches the word, she staggers and clutches her head. From that reaction and her mentioning of the herbs lavender, willow bark, and peppermint, I believe she is experiencing acute head pain.

Why this is happening is a fascinating mystery. These events only occur when Kethrina approaches the walls, and not when the bandits, rogue conjurers, necromancers, or forsworn who often congregate around these walls approach them. I have already contacted a number of historians who have studied these walls, and I should receive more information soon.

In any case, if we have a team of enforcers nearby when she experiences this reaction, they may have enough of an advantage and be able to capture or kill her. Please let me know if this would be possible.

Sincerely Yours,

Gerrick

For the glory of the Aldmeri Dominion!

No comments:

Post a Comment