Monday, September 24, 2012

Gerrick Journal Entry #11: Waiting

16th of Sun’s Dusk, 4E 201

Kethrina has gone inside Ironbind Barrow now. For all that I pride myself on knowing things, learning things, I have have no idea what she will find.

I was not here when Tragrim and several Justiciars went inside with Loki Black-Scar to find Charlotte Corday. She had led them here, probably to leave them fighting draugr while she escaped out the back door the barrows often have.

I remember when I discovered Tragrim had performed the Black Sacrament. I could not believe his audacity. However, since he had already done it, I intended to use it. Kethrina had disappeared, and although my reputation had recovered, I believed I would only benefit if I could claim responsibility for Corday’s capture.

Black-Scar accepted the contract, as I suspected he would, and with my forged letter he lured her to Skyrim. I made a deal with Tragrim, that we would split the credit for capturing the two of them if we succeeded.

But Tragrim failed. Corday committed suicide, and Tragrim killed Black-Scar in his rage at his failure. Tragrim claimed he took all necessary precautions. I should not have believed him.

Ironbind Barrow is not a large tomb, Kethrina will find whatever there is to find in only a few hours. My team will not be able to assemble here until tonight. I will have to wait until nightfall, until Kethrina makes camp.

Perhaps I will lucky, and she will find nothing but another word of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment