Sunday, September 2, 2012

Journal Entry #1: Here Be Dragons … Dammit

17th of Last Seed, 4E 201

Amonta de' Toya! I’ve seen a hell of a lot of things in my time, but I never imagined I would ever see a living dragon!

This morning, as the sun was just beginning to rise, I was sharing the road with some Stormcloaks and heading for the nearest village when we were ambushed by Imperial soldiers. I fought to defend myself, but one of them whacked the back of my head, knocking me out. The last thing I saw was the face of my attacker, an elven face in an Imperial Legion uniform. Odd.

I woke up with a blinding headache. I had been stripped of my possessions, my wrists were bound with leather straps, and I was riding in the back of a cart with a Stormcloak, a horse thief, and Ulfric Stormcloak himself. What an odd group we made.

We stopped in Helgen, and it was clear they were going to kill us right there. I actually got a look at Elenwen, who I heard was head of the Thalmor here in Skyrim. I have a sneaking suspicion she was involved in my being captured.

A dragon blew all the plans any of us had to hell. Alduin

I was just barely able to capture an image of it before it roared straight at me, blinding me. I’m not even sure why I did it.

Hadvar, a Nord Legion soldier, helped me to safety. He helped me find my stolen possessions, and together we got out alive. He’s a brave man in battle, risked his life to save a boy from the dragon. Although he could’ve used a little more backbone with his superiors.

After we escaped, Hadvar led me to Riverwood and his uncle Alvor. Alvor was glad to help me, give me a place to stay. He asked me to warn Jarl Balgruuf in Whiterun about the dragon. I understand his concerns, but I doubt a dragon would be interested in this little town. Helgen was an exception, something particular must have brought it there, hell if I know what.

At any rate, it’s probably best if I avoid cities and large towns. The Stormcloak Ralof suspected the Thalmor had something to do with our capture, and I’m willing to bet he was right. The Thalmor are most likely still have after me, and it will be more difficult to detect their agents and spies in the more densely populated areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment