Thursday, October 25, 2012

Letter #7: From Tervesa to Ambarys

2nd of Morning Star, 4E 201

Dear Ambarys,

Happy New Year to you too friend. I’m glad you convinced me to go too. I needed to be reminded of my duty, to both the Empire and the people I serve.

Not only am I actively working in the Legion, I’m also working for Delphine, a member of the Blades. I remember reading about them, but I had no idea any of them still existed. She’s trying to return to the Blades’ roots, becoming a dragon slayer. She suspected the Thalmor were behind the return of the dragons, but I doubted it.

Party at the Thalmor EmbassyShe’s very resourceful though. She managed to obtain an invitation to one of Elenwen’s parties so that I find proof the Thalmor were behind the dragons.

I was amazed at the guests at that party. Every jarl who supported the Empire was in attendance, as was Maven Black-Briar, Ondolemar from Markarth, Orthus Endario who heads the Windhelm branch of the East Empire Company, and Victoria Vici (the emperor’s cousin). There were also the two thanes of Haafingar, and a number of stewards and housecarls. Even though I’m a thane of seven holds, I felt rather out of place.

I convinced Orthus to start a distraction for me, allowing Malborn to help me escape deeper into the embassy (I wish you could’ve been there. Orthus’s act was masterful, and very funny). It was probably the first time I felt grateful to the Thieves Guild for my sneak training (and a dozen invisibility potions).

Once I found the information Delphine needed, I escaped the embassy with Malborn (who had been caught) and a tortured prisoner named Etienne.

To answer your question, no I don’t know anything about the destruction of the embassy. That happened after I left, and I don’t know who was responsible. It did resemble the description of how Kethrina destroyed it the last time. It makes me wonder.

Both the Legion and Delphine are keeping me busy, but I’ll visit as soon as I can.

Sincerely Yours,

Tervesa

No comments:

Post a Comment