Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Letter #5: From Tervesa To Ambarys

The following letter has been decoded:

25th of Evening Star, 4E 201

Dear Ambarys,

NocturnalThis has been a head-splitting affair. I’ve provided the full details in the enclosed report, but in short I am now the leader of the Thieves Guild and a member of the Nightingale Trinity. It involved swearing an oath to Nocturnal, which I did not want, but I had no other choice in order to complete my goals.

My report contains everything I’ve learned about the guild. Hopefully when the war is over, the Legion can use that information to eradicate it.

Thank you for providing me with the information I requested. I was able to find the mage locks expert thanks to your help, and he taught me what I needed to know.

Yesterday I was able to break into Kethrina’s house, using the lakeside entrance while Iona was away (the guild thinks I was searching for clues regarding her location and fate, which is ironically true). It wasn’t easy. Kethrina didn’t have just mage locks, she also had wards (think of them as a magical trap) that would, at minimum, have knocked me into the lake.

I made some interesting discoveries inside. Nearly all of the various weapons, armors, artifacts, tomes, jewelry, gems, and other valuables we knew she had were still there, either stored in various chests or mounted on plaques and racks. A single strongbox contained over fifty thousand in gold, and she had simply left all of it behind.

The same could be said for a large supply of alchemical ingredients, soul gems, and other crafting materials. However, there were no journals, no notes, no captured images, and no letters whatsoever. I even searched for wall safes and similar hiding places, there was nothing. If there was anything of a personal nature in that house, she took it with her.

Whatever is motivating her now, it’s not greed.

I promise I will visit Windhelm and collect the space sphere soon. When I do, there’s a personal matter I’d like to discuss with you.

Tervesa

No comments:

Post a Comment