Sunday, October 28, 2012

Diary Entry #9: Death of a Companion

16th of Morning Star, 4E 202

We have retaken the Pale and removed a foolish jarl from power. Legate Brina Merilis holds power here now. I’ve been told that Skald the Elder is now living in exile at the Palace of Kings. Gods be thanked, no one in town was hurt or killed. I would like to hope that we’ll fare just as well in the other holds, but I doubt it.

I decided to do a few jobs for the Companions and gain some more training at Jorrvaskr before reporting to Legate Rikke at Rift Imperial Camp. Aela tasked me to clear out a Silver Hand hideout, and later Vilkas had me rescue an elderly man who had been kidnapped by vampires.

Kodlak had learned of Aela’s crusade by the time I returned from rescuing the old man and asked to see me. I decided to be honest with him, which he seemed to appreciate, even though our actions saddened him. He then told me the history of our lycanthropy and how he could be cured. I agreed to help.

I spent the next day or so killing the Glenmoril witches and harvesting their heads, but when I returned, I discovered the Silver Hand had attacked Jorrvaskr. Several of my brothers had been injured, and Kodlak had been killed.

Vilkas and I are trekking to Driftshade Refuge. The Silver Hand are about realize they’ve just kicked a giant hornet’s nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment