Thursday, October 25, 2012

Diary Entry #6: Three Different Paths

2nd of Morning Star, 4E 202

The dragon attacks have become more and more frequent. That colossal black dragon that attacked Helgen is somehow resurrecting them. It explains how after I killed all of the dragons at their lairs, new ones replaced them weeks later.

One of them attacked Riverwood moments after I returned there from the Thalmor Embassy. I’ve had greater challenges than fighting a dragon while I was wearing a long slim gown and a delicate pair of lady’s shoes, but not many.

The local children are now playing on the skeleton.

If this keeps up, every fireplace in Whiterun will be able to have a dragon skull hanging above it.

MeditatingI’ve been trying to meditate, using a technique the Greybeards taught me. I noticed something strange after I left the embassy, and I’m uncertain what to do about it.

I was trying to protect Malborn, so I didn’t see the embassy get destroyed, but after the explosion I turned and saw a single figure, silhouetted against the fire. It looked female, and I think it was shorter than average.

My instinct is telling me it was Kethrina trying to take another shot at Elenwen, but I can’t prove it. It’s disturbing if it’s true. The embassy was full of innocent people. I haven’t heard of anyone being hurt yet, but I’m troubled that someone was willing to endanger innocent lives in such a way.

Technically, I no longer have the mission to find Kethrina. Technically, she isn’t my problem anymore. However, she is a Dragonborn and a powerful mage who has mastered the destruction school. Whatever her motives, she is incredibly dangerous.

If she becomes involved in either the Legion or the Blades, I could be in trouble. I may be a battlemage, but I don’t possess the degree of power required to destroy a building.

It was always a possibility that I would have to face Kethrina directly, but if it came to a fight of power versus power, I would most likely lose.

So … do I gain greater magical power? Do I increase the strength of my Voice? Or do I become stronger another way?

No comments:

Post a Comment