Sunday, October 28, 2012

Letter #11: From Tervesa to Ambarys

20th of Morning Star, 4E 202

Dear Ambarys,

Thanks for the information. Recently I had a long talk with Isran, the head of the Dawnguard. I’ve been a member for some time, although Isran understands that my duties as Prefect (yes, I’ve been promoted) take precedence. We both know that this civil war is only making it easier for vampires to operate in Skyrim.

Isran confirmed my worst fears. Kethrina is a vampire lord. Several weeks ago a squad of our vampire hunters discovered her and attempted to kill her. We’re not sure exactly what happened, as none of the squad survived. All we do have is a log book a squad member kept, apparently to keep track of how many vampires he killed.

However, the log book clearly states that Kethrina showed all the signs of being a vampire, and at one point she transformed into a monstrous figure with wings. No “thin-blooded” vampire can transform in such a way, and you can’t accidentally become a vampire lord either. She would have needed to actively seek this out.

I won’t lie to you Ambarys, I’m frightened. It’s one thing to side with the Stormcloaks, it’s another to willingly embrace the blessings of Molag Bal.

I feel like we’re both assembling resources to fight each other. She has the Stormcloaks, I the Legion. She has the Volkihar vampire clan, I have the Dawnguard. She’s a vampire lord, and I’m a werewolf. And both of us are Dragonborn, killing dragons and stealing their power.

We have both become very powerful. If it comes to a battle between us, who would win? And what would become of the field on which we fought?

I’m sorry to burden you with my fears. I just don’t know who else I can talk to. It’s not as if there’s another friendly Dragonborn out there. And everyone else I could speak to, Rikke, Delphine, Arngeir, either have no true understanding of this or have their own agenda they want to force onto me.

You’re one of the oldest friends I have, and the one I can rely on to be both down to earth and impartial. Thank you.

Sincerely Yours,

Tervesa

No comments:

Post a Comment