Thursday, October 25, 2012

Diary Entry #7: Companions

4th of Morning Star, 4E 202

I decided to expand my fighting skills, rather than become more powerful in magic. I will train more in the Voice, but not now.

I recently joined the Companions. The jobs they offer mean little to me, except that they provide the means to pay for training, specifically in light armor and one-handed skills. Even if I never face Kethrina in battle, they will be useful. I know I’ve exhausted my magicka in a few intense battles before now, and these new skills will provide me with new options.

I’m specializing in dual weapon dagger attacks, and practicing to achieve a quick transition from daggers to Grand Healing and back. Farkas says I’m progressing well at it. I will never cease to be amused at his reaction when I first used that healing spell on us. I believe he said, “What … hey! That felt … good!” I had to struggle very hard to stop myself from laughing.

I’ve crafted some light armor for myself. In the close-combat situations I’m putting myself in, my imperial robes just won’t suffice.

Eventually, I want to be able to combine magic and melee abilities. I’ve heard that Kethrina can do the same thing, even though she prefers straight magic. By mastering these new skills, not only will I be able to match her techniques, but also hopefully predict them.

It’s possible I may be doing all of this for nothing. I know I’ve thought that a few times while repairing my armor (and wondering why Eorlund doesn’t have an armor workbench at the Skyforge), and then I remember the female figure silhouetted against the flames.

Kethrina hates the Thalmor like a mother bird hates the cat that kills and eats her babies.

She also has reason to hate the Legion.

The Legion is currently cooperating with the Thalmor.

There may come a time when I will be in her way.

I’ve also been hearing some strange rumors about her lately. Some say she’s gained access to a forbidden power. Others claim she’s learned the ability to change form. Still others whisper she’s stealing power from others.

Stars and stones, if I concentrate too much on this now I’ll drive myself insane. I need to set this aside and work on becoming stronger.

Skjor wants me to meet him at the Underforge tonight. I wish I knew why, what test or mission would require such secrecy?

No comments:

Post a Comment