Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Diary Entry #11: Mystery Solved

27th of Morning Star, 4E 202

I had no idea what Ambarys was trying to accomplish by sending me these fragments, but it wasn’t as if I had anything else to do.

Working on this puzzle gives me a headache too, and I have no idea why, but when Ambarys told me this was a document I got an idea to take it to Urag gro-Shub at the College. I’m surprised Kethrina never thought of that.

Elder Scroll

Urag seemed disinterested at first, but something in the pieces caught his curiosity. We worked together to assemble them, and after several hours we made a remarkable discovery.

It’s an Elder Scroll!

Urag was ecstatic and demanded to know how I obtained these pieces. I told him the truth, how they were recovered from a Memory Crystal belonging to Kethrina, then produced the journal entry where she described finding them. I decided the more information I gave him, the more he would help me.

Urag listened rapturously every moment, constantly taking notes. He theorized that this may have been originally taken by the Dwemer in an attempt to read an Elder Scroll without experiencing the effects on the sight or the mind. I have a feeling he’s going to write a treatise on this one day.

It’s extremely corrupted though, so I doubt Paarthurnax would be able to use it. As fun as this puzzle was, it really isn’t useful to me.

I’m afraid I will have to contact Delvin in the guild, but I really don’t want to go that route. Maybe Legate Rikke will have some advice, or perhaps she can convince General Tullius of my need for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment