Sunday, October 21, 2012

Letter #2: From Tervesa to Ambarys

The following letter has been decoded:

1st of Evening Star, 4E 201

Dear Ambarys,

The Thieves Guild is slowly beginning to respect me. I’ve lost count how much money I’ve made them, and money is all they care about. The fence Tonilia told me that outright. It’s hardly a unique attitude, but at least they’re honest about it.

I’ll probably visit Windhelm again soon. Delvin has been dropping hints that a special assignment will be available there soon. Yes, I will play for the Cornerclub when I arrive.

I recently found something strange that I would like your input on. I was traveling south of Whiterun, near the Western Watchtower, when something plummeted from the sky.

I carefully approached the ruined shack where it crashed and found this white talking sphere, apparently unharmed.

Space Core

My first assumption was that the Dwemer had managed to launch something into the sky centuries ago, but the style is completely different.

I’ve repeatedly tried to talk to it, but it never answers my questions. It only speaks seemingly random things about “space”, which I suspect is Aetherius. It obviously wants to return to space, and if I knew how to bring that about I would. It never stops talking, ever. I’ve been forced to stuff it into a chest just to sleep at night.

Perhaps I’ll bring it with me when I visit.

Tervesa

No comments:

Post a Comment