Sunday, November 4, 2012

Letter #17: From Tervesa to Ambarys

12th of Sun’s Dawn, 4e 202

Dear Ambarys,

I’m not certain what I can tell you. Yes, I spoke with Kethrina. We both wanted each other to withdraw from the civil war, and neither of us could do that. I asked her to join me in fighting Alduin, but she refused. I still don’t understand why.

We claimed the Rift, although I doubt things will change in the capital. Maven was running things in Riften even before she officially became the Jarl.

We will win this war, but for now I need to concentrate on fighting Alduin. I was able to fight and defeat him at the Throat of the World, but he fled to Sovngarde. There he will hunt and eat the souls of the honored dead, stealing their strength.

To learn where Alduin’s portal is located, I need to capture one of his lieutenants and interrogate him. The best place to do that will be Dragonsreach. To that end, I asked Jarl Balgruuf for help, and he agreed on the condition that I help the Greybeards arrange a truce between the two sides so that his city will be safe from the Stormcloaks while we’re trapping the dragon.

Exiles in the Palace of KingsI’ve been trying to arrange a peace conference during the past few days.

General Tullius wasn’t difficult to convince, skeptical as he was.

Jarl Ulfric was more difficult. Being in the Palace of Kings itself was a difficult experience by itself. Skald the Elder, Laila Law-Giver, their families, and stewards were dining at the long table before the throne. All of them were glaring at me, as if I were the sole cause of their problems. Nevertheless, I was able to convince Ulfric to come to the conference.

These will be difficult negotiations. Wish me luck.

Sincerely Yours,

Tervesa

No comments:

Post a Comment