Monday, November 5, 2012

Diary Entry #16: Evgir Oblaan

19th of Sun’s Dawn, 4E 202

I wish I knew where Ambarys was, I wish I knew if he was all right.

We fought the Stormcloaks in the city. We took Windhelm, burned through the barricades, and reached Ulfric and his housecarl Galmar in the Palace of Kings.

They would not surrender. I focused my fire attacks on Galmar first, then when he went down assisted General Tullius and Rikke in defeating Ulfric.

Final ExecutionUlfric had one request before dying. He wanted me, the Dragonborn, to deliver the final blow.

Out of respect for him, I did so. General Tullius lent me his daedric sword to do the deed.

I whispered a prayer to Talos for Ulfric the moment the blade pierced his heart.

General Tullius delivered a succinct speech to his troops. Amidst their cheering, I heard him say “I hate giving speeches.” I had to admit, I found myself smiling.

And then the officers went about assigning troops to put out fires, begin clean up, and repair the damages.

Gods be thanked, the war is over. For now, I will lend my healing spells to help the wounded. After that, I’ll find Ambarys and share a few drinks.

I hope he’s all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment